Monday 20 February 2012

The Scooty-ing experience......



Last year, I went home (Mizoram) during winter break. There, I noticed every girl in the locality was driving a scooter. All my friends were having it, and I instantly wanted one, though I knew I could barely ride it. I became so obsessed, especially with my friend’s bright orange scooty pept with flowers on the side, that I eventually started to live, breathe, eat, dream and talk scooters. My mom said there would be no point buying it now since I would be heading back within few days to Mumbai. I was a bit disappointed but I agreed she was right. But that did not stop me from achieving my “scooter” dream. I packed my bags and board a bus  to my uncle’s place in Kolasib since he owns one (a bright red hero honda activa) and also  the roads being less congested there, I thought I could ride all I want.

After several briefings from my uncle, I could ride the scooter on my own. First, I was a bit scared. But after many rounds from Project Veng to Diakkawn, I became fairly confident. And then I rode faster….. and faster… and faster. I almost felt like I was the best scoot-er-er in the world. It’s so easier than what it looked like, I thought….

I teetered up and down the road around 8:00 at night, there were only few other vehicles. I was too fast I guess, all of a sudden I lost control over the handle. I remember panicking for  a split second, and then I go ‘BOOOOOM!! CRASHHH!!’What happened next I really don't remember. All I know was that it would make me dread scooters for the rest of my life.

I considered myself very lucky that night. Though I fell pretty harshly with deep abrasions on my hand and knee, it wasn’t so dramatic. And at the very first moment I gained conscience after I fell, I decided that scooters are deadly-dangerous creatures and should be avoided at any cost. Thus, my dream of riding a scooter wearing a polka dot knitted cotton dress and wearing matching helmets and matching nail-paints was crushed to the ground. I was convinced that I would never touch or be near any scooter-stuff ever again, because if I did, it would eventually kill me. Just the thought of sitting on it still gave me chills back my spine. I hated scooters.

A few days later, my mom said she had a very special surprise gift for me. "No special occasion, just for being a good daughter", she said. She asserted that I would love the gift so much that I might never wanna leave home again. My brother told me that I would love the gift and it was exactly what I wanted, so, I thought may be it's a Blackberry phone, since I have mentioned it once or twice that I needed a new phone. I've  wanted a Blackberry for sooo... long!! I was excited...I even googled the Taylor Swift theme Blackberry skin cover in some fancy hot pink or purple colour....




 But imagine the horror........when I found out the gift was this!!!!!........


                                        
  A FRIGGIN' SCOOTERRRR !!!!!!!!!!!
With the 16 year old brother who doesn't want his face to be seen in public, and still not old enough to have a driving license...:)))




I feel like I was being punished for what I did in another life :)))))

9 comments:

  1. I was too was crazy about scooters once a while ago,i guess every girl has,,lol..u just need to keep trying.If I can do it Im sure u can.i mean look at our size diffrence ha3

    ReplyDelete
  2. scooty khalh te chu har lo ee...akekeke..ka nau kum 7 pon thiam lom le..lollzz...ngaihnawm thei e pitarte:PPP

    ReplyDelete
  3. nia tunah chuan ka thiam ve deuh toh e:P...

    @Mori..im sure im bigger than u now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nanannanaannananananan

    ReplyDelete
  5. And u would never get to ride it..coz ur bro wouldn't even let u near it..:-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. U can say I have strong sixth sense!.. Or maybe I know wat bros do to der sistas..:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol :D nice post. I am smiling like anything :P I owe a scooter

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..