Thursday 26 January 2012

for taylor swift



I know it’s late,I have a big day tomorrow and my roommate is giving me that “when-will-you-turn-off-the-lights” look ,but I need to finish this.

Well,I have a confession to make.I can’t walk with heels and I am a big fan of Taylor Swift,and I’m not even ashamed of it.

There!!! I said it!!

I’m not trying to convince anyone or make you listen to her music,and writing this would not make her win more or less awards.It’s just that the girl deserves to be given credit when it’s due.I know she can be a little awkward and might not have the best “American-Idol voice”,but you have to admit,the girl is pretty clean cut.

I have 3 sisters aged between 9-15,and it makes me crap hell happier to see them tuning to a Taylor Swift number , then when they were on the GaGa-ism and Miley Cyrus bandwagon.She’s the kind of person I want my sisters to look up to.She has a pretty good voice , she knows her way with the guitar , she writes amazing songs which made the whole world sing and there’s no need of ridiculous meat-made costumes and pole dances.It’s just a girl in a dress with a guitar.

A few of my very good friends thinks she is the typical bubble gum pop,encouraging Princess-ism and Fairytale-ism (which is so.. much better than Lady Gaga-ism) and I really don’t blame them because even I had this notion with her initial singles.They were brilliant but yeah,they were fairytale-ish I admit , but every decade she gets better and better.
Not every 15 year old can write something like this….

“…back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday but then I realized some bigger dreams of mine…….and in your life you’ll do things greater than dating a boy in the football team…”   -Taylor Swift  'Fifteen'

It’s just plain words.Yet,so inspiring,from a 15 year old point of view.That is why I said earlier,if I had a daughter,I’d buy her a Taylor Swift CD.

I am not a crazy fan trying to prove something here . Music is music,we all have our  own choices.Music influences everyone in one way or the other.Your adolescent child is influenced by music.And if you care about your 15 year old  daughters and sisters and nieces and nephews,you might wanna know..

And once again..to all those gothic rock listening,baggy jeans wearing,black colour loving,body piercing male chauvinists who supposedly loves to hate Taylor Swift,I’m telling you..”GET A LIFE , KANYE”!!!:))






Click on the link below for "Fifteen"


10 comments:

  1. @Mizohican...a rukin a hla i lo download ziah kha o:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stage perfomance a chhe ropui si! He2. Tak2 a, a zaithiam chu ka ti, mahse, a zai hi ka ngaina vak lo. Illuminati vel nen an sawi kawp tak kha le.. A ngaihnawm khawp mai! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor Swift is a Catholic,and a good Christian..Why would she join the illuminati,that's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can give some space just after comma, full stop...etc it will be better.
    Ya, right. She's really beautiful and I like her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all,m proud to hav a fren lyk u!! girl ur a gud writer...BUT m a huge fan of lady gaga...she is totally amazing,creative,artistic n yes someone who is not afraid to show who she really is!!;)) N TAYLOR SWIFT SUCKS!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch!Dat hurts!!:):)...no doubt Gaga is brilliant,but not really the kind i want my kids to look up to

    ReplyDelete
  7. Na Naaaaaa..... dâwn thui sawt deuh veeeee :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love taylor swift too...she is very pretty and she got the most beautiful voice

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..