Friday 7 December 2012

OMG..This is totally weird!!


I don’t usually put up very personal issues on my blog, nor do I write about my silly love ramblings, but I felt the need to write this.

Last week, since my exams were over I thought I’d celebrate by binging on peanut butter and starting a new serial. My friend Aditya gave me two seasons of Family Guy. I watched two episodes. I also watched Nanny McPhee Returns.

Then, I switched off the lights and went off to bed.

Very soon, I slowly drift into a fairly light sleep and eventually entered the unconscious realm of dreams.

I was walking along some deserted road which I really don't know where. All I could remember seeing was few airplanes streaking across the sky. Some were flying just few feet above the ground. The airplanes were like the ones from the movie Pearl Harbour.  

Then from a far distance, I saw a frail silhoutte, masculine figure  approaching me. It was like grey and blurry all around me and it seemed like the only thing I could feel or see was that man who was approaching me. He gets closer and closer and the next thing I remember was that we were kissing (ewww!!!). It wasn't one of those gross, lust drenching, open mouth tongue twisted kinda kiss. It was more of a warm, friendly Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan kiss like in the end of the movie You've Got Mail. Then, I saw his face. I saw it clearly.

 I knew him!!!

I woke up the next morning. It still felt so real.

The guy in my dream!! I know him. He is a guy I hardly spoke to or interact with even though we're from the same social circle. I might’ve spoken to him once or twice in church. But I swear  he never  crossed my mind, not even once in my entire life. I don’t even like him nor do I dislike him either. He is just a random guy whom I barely even know.

But how is it possible that in my dream, I pictured him so perfectly? Why did some random guy appear in my dream all of a sudden, and what's with all the airplanes? Did he perform some black magic on me... perhaps because he got a crush on me? No, he can't be that weird.. and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a crush on me.

It’s insane.

So, with troubled thoughts I googled and did my little research on dreams. Below is the scientific or psychological definition of dreams from a scientific journal I found on the net:-

“Dreaming is defined as the subjective experience of imaginary images, sounds/voices, thoughts or sensations during sleep. Dreams represent a world of imagery in which our darkest fears, deepest secrets, and  most passionate fantasies break out from the unconscious mind and only at this time become present to our own consciousness.”

LOL!! I guess I’ll have to contradict the scientific explanation because now I clearly do not have passionate fantasies for this guy, not in my conscious mind, nor will I ever!!

I even met him the other day, on a sunday, after all the dream-kissing thingy. If it weren't for the dream, I would’ve hardly noticed his presence.

But, this time I did notice him and everytime I was looking at him, unintentionally of course, he was always..always looking back at me and it was way too weird!!





2 comments:

  1. If it was deja vu den why wud he eye u back?..:-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. repressed fantasy perhaps lol

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..