Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Jitters??!!


Perhaps I should start with an apology because I know I promised I’d post more often.I have thought of posting these past few days but have been unable due to my extremely hectic  schedule due to exams and a little bit of laziness.. :D

With Christmas just  18 days  432 hours and 50 minutes away,well..it’s that time of the year again! I love the cold weather(Thank God I’m not in Mumbai),bundling up with friends and families,decorations and Christmas Carol services at churches.For the past four years,I’ve been away from home at Christmas but this year I’ll be home on Christmas eve and my tickets are ready and my bags are already packed.


The first thing that comes to mind about Christmas at home……...I guess it’s the church bell ringing at our local church at 11:00 a.m on Christmas day,wearing my new dress which turned out to be not as pretty as I have planned or dreamt three months before,but still okay because its new and I feel pretty in it,walking hand in hand with my grandma  towards the church,meeting and greeting  friends and neighbours looking their best , it’s such a happy time of the year  and there is so much Christmas in it!!!!!

It’s been four years since I haven’t had that kind of  Christmas and the Christmasses I’ve had during my college days the past four years were no different than any other public holidays to be painfully honest.I always knew how much this day meant and I remind myself the of true spirit of Christmas.But I guess it was just the absence of the whole Christmas spirit there in Mumbai which was almost offensive,no twinkly lights and no decorations or maybe due to the hot weather and half of the population not knowing what Christmas is.You probably need some snow in a place like Mumbai to get you out of the severe lack of Christmas spirit.I mean..c’mon ..Christmas is so much more than just a break from work.


Either way,at the ripe old age of 23,you realised you don’t like Christmas as much as when you were a kid . Sad:((..but at the age when you're too old for toys,maybe it’s just hard to feel  cheery about much of anything.It’s like finding out Santa is just your grandmother wearing a Santa costume.
When I was a kid,I remember all I ever wanted for Christmas was a kitten which my grandma never allowed me to keep.I somehow coaxed my mother into it,and was allowed to keep it as long as my grandma would not find any kitten poop lying around the house. So,I kept it of course,loved it to death and then I really don’t remember whatever become of it.


Well,this year I definitely do not want a kitten for Christmas.My Christmas wish list is now totally different from  what it was like 7 years ago....and as the song goes My Grown Up Christmas List...but let me spare you the horror because believe me you don’t wanna know:))

And once again thank you for reading my blog,I know it’s ridiculously long and I do appreciate the two minutes you have spent on reading this..when there’s probably so many other things you could have done.


Have a blessed Christmas!!!!




8 comments:

  1. your feelings made me recall my xmas of d old dys. U knw xmas is alwys special to me coz its ma b'dy......aftr a lng tym dis yr m goin to spend my b'dy wid ma family....jst a few dys left n it seems to me dat tym hs pausd.....i mis ma childhood xmas.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HETS! "Thank God I'm not in Mumbai" te a ti vel!!! Watch what will happen the next time you come to Mumbai. I'm gonna tell everyone about what you just said....

    :D

    Hope that threat also gave you the jitters :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than 2 minutes... Hmmm I don't like what you said about Mumbai :-P Nuam kan lo ti ve viau a sin. I rawn kal leh hunah i chaklo viau ang.. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mumbai is boring, especially n dry-day :D

    Have a blessed X-mas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it’s the church bell ringing at our local church..

    Same here. :)

    Wishing you a very happy joyful merry Christmas....in advance.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love d ripe old age u are living..:D

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..