Friday 12 August 2011

like the first days in college..

Because of  the merciless heat and mosquito bites,I awoke at the 'ungodly' hour of 6:am in the morning of 20th July . With heavy feet,i dragged myself out of the best feeling in the world i.e the comfort and warmth of my bed.After a brief shower and putting on my best attire , I left my new found home(hostel) to venture into a new world .It was my first day of post grad.

Never in my life have i experienced the feelings of anxiety, apprehensions, fear and excitement all at a time.Here I am , leaving the vibrant city of Delhi to a totally unknown place ,a name which i have only seen in newspapers.The large size of the campus,the beautifully arranged greeneries and the huge buildings ladened with big,dark glasses..it was awe-inspiring.But there were flutters in my stomach as i walked my way to find the Dept. of Biotechnology where i was supposed to go for registration.It seemed to me like the whole campus and everybody else were in a sphere of full excitement.The girls there looked like they have been issued right out of a gladrags magazine.And there i was,alone,no friends,no relatives,no 'nothing'.Alone.All i have was a feeling of hollowness in the pit of my stomach.My mind was still in a mid-level of nostalgia and memories of my college friends and relatives in Mumbai.The level of my excitement was soon weighted down and i will never forget that lost and 'out of place' feeling.My life for the next two years will be here.Two years.So thought i'd better learn to like it.

I finally reached the J-3 block i.e the Biotech Dept. after almost half an hour of walking and being barbecued in the sun.I stepped into the building,where a team of students were sitting at the reception to guide us and tell us what we were supposed to do.I ran helter-skelter around the campus,stationery to stationery,A-Block to B-Block to C-Block,taking photocopies and printouts of my documents.Finally at noon,my work was done.I was now officially a student of the esteemed university.Our identity cards bearing our name and photo was given to us and looking at it,for the first time in that day,I was humbled ,breathing in that moment of my life.I met some girls who were really nice and very friendly,and they were also my new classmates-to-be.At the end of the day,I got a positive vibe and that today had been a good day.

Its hard being alone,so far away from your friends and family.There will be days I'll have to cry because life is not always kind.I'll have to make many adjustments,work harder,meet new people,make new friends and let go of the past.The fact is that there is nothing i can do about growing up and moving on,as life goes on as it never ends,people come and go..being a part of it,we all have to just face it,do we??and who knows...It might not be such a bad day after all..::)))

2 comments:

  1. At last, far away from your previous destination.. :) Wishing u lotz a success in time to come....and, btw, You remind me of those good days I used to have with my friend from Amity, and those days in Delhi... sup..

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..